Pressure to participate in social media inspired local regional retailer, QuickTrip, to make unique changes to their sponsorship and promotional plans. Maybe you wouldn’t expect a retailer selling gas and soda and other convenience items would benefit from social media, but QuickTrip found a way to leverage their sponsorship properties to drive their social media activity.
Here are the steps they took
They listened to the social media conversation about their brand and realized that there was a lot of conversation gong on. But they were not involved.
They created internal discussions with key executives to create a company approved social media strategy
The activation plan they developed included the following three elements:
to effect Customer transformation
They created a permission based communication that was perpetual…their conversations were on going.
Their digital activation included:
- Permission based marketing
- Leveraging mobility
- Leverage for strategic business goals
- Populate database help to learn who our customers are
- Relationships and connections ongoing
They used their sponsorship of teams to target and populate their digital promotions which included:
- SMS options at games – chance to get good tickets
- People who don’t win tickets received secondary promotional options
The results of these programs included
- 10% activation success
- on going conversation with customers
- discounts and coupons.